- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup butter(no substitutes)
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cups cold fat-free milk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (1-ounce) package sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 cup fat-free whipped topping
- 1 1/2 cups cold fat-free milk
- 1 (1.4oz) package sugar-free instant chocolate pudding mix
- Preheat oven to 450°F (230°C)
- In a saucepan, bring water and butter to a boil. Add flour all at once, stirring until a smooth ball forms. Remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Continue beating until mixture is smooth and shiny. Transfer to a resealable plastic bag; seal.
- Cut a 1-inch hole in one corner of bag. Pipe eight 3½-inch logs onto an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake in oven for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 400°F (205°C); bake 15 to 20 minutes longer or until golden brown. Transfer to a wire rack. Immediately cut a slit in each to allow steam to escape; cool.
- Carefully cut off tops. Set the tops aside. Remove soft dough from the inside with a fork.
- For Vanilla Filling: In a mixing bowl, beat milk, vanilla and pudding on low speed for 2 minutes or until thickened. Fold in whipped topping; set aside.
- For Chocolate Topping: In another mixing bowl, beat milk and chocolate pudding mix for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Spoon vanilla filling into eclairs; replace tops. Spread with chocolate topping.
Food Exchanges: 1 1/2 starch, 1 Fat
|Nutritional Info (per serving):|
|Makes 8 Servings|
Recipe provided courtesy of Cooks Recipes which provides many fine recipes for diabetic diets. Since its online debut in 1999, CooksRecipes.com has become one of the more popular and largest cooking and recipe sites on the Internet.
Latest posts by ADW Diabetes (see all)
- Inolife R&D Signs LOI With ADW Diabetes to Make Its Inojex Needle-Free Injector Available to Diabetics in USA - April 12, 2018
- Sexual Health & Diabetes - March 13, 2018
- 7 Creative New Year Resolutions for People with Diabetes - December 26, 2017