- 1 large mushroom cap, cleaned
- 1 Tomato slice
- 1 Bermuda onion slice
- 1 Eggplant slice
- Low-fat, low-sodium cheese slice
- Preheat Oven to 250°F
- Take mushroom caps, wash and peel.
- Place a thick slice of tomato, onion and eggplant on the mushroom cap.
- Bake until soft and drain fluid. Put cheese slice on top and melt until brown in oven or toaster oven.
|Nutritional Info (per serving):|
|Makes 1 Servings|
|Fat:||3-6g depending on cheese|
Recipe provided courtesy of Marci Sloane, MS, RD, LD/N, CDE, who is a registered and licensed dietitian/nutritionist and certified diabetes educator with a degree in Nutrition and Physiology from Teachers College at Columbia University. Marci is the author of The Diet Game: Playing for Life!.
Latest posts by ADW Diabetes (see all)
- 7 Creative New Year Resolutions for People with Diabetes - December 26, 2017
- Zesty Broccoli Salad - October 10, 2017
- Whole Wheat Pita Bread - September 21, 2017