- 2 tablespoons sesame or vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups broccoli flowerets
- 1 cup thinly sliced onion
- 1 pound sea scallops
- 3 cups thinly sliced napa cabbage or bok choy
- 2 cups snow peas, ends trimmed
- 1 cup sliced shiitake or button mushrooms
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons ground star anise or 2 tsp five-spice powder – Amounts of vinegar and soy sauce may need to be adjusted to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 2 to 3 teaspoons light soy sauce
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 to 3 tablespoons Equal® Spoonful or 3 to 4 packets of Equal sweetener.
- 4 cups hot cooked rice
- Heat oil in wok or large skillet.
- Cook and stir broccoli and onion 3 to 4 minutes. Add scallops, cabbage, snow peas, mushrooms, garlic, anise and coriander. Cook and stir 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add chicken broth, vinegar and soy sauce. Heat to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, about 5 minutes or until scallops are cooked and vegetables are tender.
- Combine cold water and cornstarch. Stir cornstarch mixture into boiling mixture. Boil, stirring constantly, until thickened. Remove from heat; let stand 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in Equal®.
- Serve over rice.
Food Exchanges: 1/2 Fruit.
|Nutritional Info (per serving):|
|Makes 6 Servings|
Recipe provided courtesy of Merisant Corporation ® and the NutraSweet Company, makers of Equal®.
Latest posts by ADW Diabetes (see all)
- Sexual Health & Diabetes - March 13, 2018
- 7 Creative New Year Resolutions for People with Diabetes - December 26, 2017
- Zesty Broccoli Salad - October 10, 2017