Linguine in Smokin’ Clam Sauce is a delicious recipe featuring smoked clams. Pasta in red or white clam sauce is a staple of many a cook, but my friend Lisa Vernon gives this a twist by using smoked clams.
- 8 ounces linguine
- Olive Oil
- 2 6.5-ounce cans smoked clams in oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 14-ounce can plum tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 small lemon, cut into wedges
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Drain and toss with a little olive oil to keep it from sticking together and cover to keep warm. Set aside.
- Pour the oil form the clams into a large skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, until fragrant but not browned, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in the smoked clams. Pour the juice from the canned tomatoes into the skillet and stir. Coarsely chop the tomatoes and add them to the skillet. Stir in the tomato sauce. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally to make sure nothing sticks to the bottom. Add salt and peper to taste.
- Arrange the cooked linguine on a serving platter. Pour the clam mixture over the top. Sprinkle with Parmesan and parsley. Squeze the juice of one lemon wedge over the dish, and garnish with the remaining wedges. Serve immediately.
Contributed By: Celebrity Chef Charles Mattocks
Latest posts by ADW Diabetes (see all)
- Make a Commitment to Fitness - April 5, 2017
- What May Cause Your Muscle Aches and Pains When You Have Diabetes? - April 3, 2017
- Overlooked Cheap and Healthy Foods - March 29, 2017