You may substitute 1 (16-oz) package frozen Oriental-Style Vegetables, cooked and drained, for the fresh vegetables listed below. Stir fry chicken, ginger root and garlic in all of the vegetable oil about 10 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Combine chicken broth, Equal®, soy sauce, cornstarch and sesame oil until smooth. Stir into chicken mixture. Cook over medium heat until thick and clear. Stir in cooked vegetables until heated through. Season with salt and pepper to taste, if desired. Serve over hot cooked rice, if desired.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided use
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- 1 cup red bell pepper strips
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 16 fresh pea pods, cut in half crosswise
- 1/2 cup sliced water chestnuts
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger root
- 1 large clove garlic, crushed
- 2/3 cup reduced-fat, reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons Equal® Spoonful or 3 packets of Equal sweetener
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons dark sesame oil
- Salt and pepper to taste (optional)
- Hot cooked rice (optional)
- Heat 1 tablespoon vegetable oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Stir fry chicken until no longer pink. Remove chicken from skillet.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon vegetable oil in skillet. Add red peppers, mushrooms, pea pods, water chestnuts, green onion, ginger and garlic. Stir fry mixture 3 to 4 minutes until vegetables are crisp tender.
- Meanwhile, combine chicken broth, Equal®, soy sauce, cornstarch and sesame oil until smooth.
- Stir into skillet mixture. Cook over medium heat until thick and clear. Stir in chicken; heat through.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste, if desired. Serve over hot cooked rice, if desired.
Food Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 2 vegetable.
|Nutritional Info (per serving):|
|Makes 4 Servings|
Recipe provided courtesy of Merisant Corporation ® and the NutraSweet Company, makers of Equal®.