If made in a 10 x 6-inch baking dish, cut into squares and serve on lettuce-lined plates as a salad, or on plates with a pureed strawberry or raspberry sauce for dessert. The fruit mixture can be spooned into hollowed-out orange halves and frozen. Cut thin slice from bottom of orange halves so they will stand; place in muffin tins to freeze.
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1 (6-ounce) can frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 3 (16-ounce) cartons plain low-fat yogurt
- 32 packets Equal® sweetener or 3 tablespoons plus ¾ teaspoon Equal® for Recipes
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 4qt Ice Cream Freezer
- In a small saucepan combine gelatin and water. Let stand 5 minutes to soften.
- Heat and stir until gelatin dissolves. Cool.
- In a large bowl, combine orange juice concentrate, yogurt, Equal® sweetener and vanilla.
- Stir in gelatin mixture.
- Pour into a 4-quart ice cream freezer and freeze according to manufacturer’s directions.
Food Exchanges: 1 Fruit.
|Nutritional Info (per serving):|
|Makes 16 Servings|
Recipe provided courtesy of Merisant Corporation ® and the NutraSweet Company, makers of Equal®.
Latest posts by ADW Diabetes (see all)
- Sexual Health & Diabetes - March 13, 2018
- 7 Creative New Year Resolutions for People with Diabetes - December 26, 2017
- Zesty Broccoli Salad - October 10, 2017