- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 10 ounces packaged frozen chopped broccoli
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp. flour
- 12 ounce can of evaporated skim milk
- 1/2 cup canned low-sodium, fat-free chicken broth
- In a 10-inch skillet, sauté onion in oil until brown.
- Microwave broccoli until soft and then add it to the onion mixture along with salt and bay leaf.
- Sprinkle flour on top of mixture and stir to combine.
- Continue stirring and add milk and broth until it boils.
- Reduce heat and simmer until mixture thickens. Discard bay leaf.
- Transfer 1/2 of mixture and blend until smooth. Then add the other ½ and combine for thickness/chunks.
Food exchanges: 1 1/2 starch, 1 fat.
|Nutritional Info (per serving):|
|Makes 4 Servings|
Recipe courtesy of Marci Sloane, MS, RD, LD/N, CDE, who is a registered and licensed dietitian/nutritionist and certified diabetes educator with a degree in Nutrition and Physiology from Teachers College at Columbia University. Marci is the author of The Diet Game: Playing for Life! More about Marci Sloane
Latest posts by ADW Diabetes (see all)
- Inolife R&D Signs LOI With ADW Diabetes to Make Its Inojex Needle-Free Injector Available to Diabetics in USA - April 12, 2018
- Sexual Health & Diabetes - March 13, 2018
- 7 Creative New Year Resolutions for People with Diabetes - December 26, 2017