Carrot cake can be baked in any size pan. Adjust baking time accordingly.
- 7/8 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground allspice
- 2 large egg whites
- 1/4 cup eggbeaters
- 3/8 cup SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener, Granulated
- 3 tbsp reduced fat margarine
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp unsweetened applesauce
- 3 tbsp canola oil
- 2 1/4 cups finely shredded carrot
- 1/3 cup walnuts
- butter flavored cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In medium bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and allspice. Set aside.
- In small bowl whisk together egg whites and eggbeaters. Set aside.
- In large bowl beat SPLENDA® Granulated Sweetener, margarine, honey, vanilla, applesauce, and canola oil.
- Mix in egg mixture, stir until well mixed. Stir in flour mixture, then carrots and walnuts.
- Pour into greased 8 cup loaf pan and bake for 40 to 45 minutes, or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Allow to cool.
- Serve Warm or cold.
Food Exchanges: 1 Starch, 3/4 Fruit, 2 Fats
|Nutritional Info (per serving):|
|Makes 10 Servings|
|Calories from Fat:||80|
Recipe and photograph courtesy of Splenda, Inc. Splenda® is a no-calorie sweetener made from sugar that is suitable for diabetics.
Latest posts by ADW Diabetes (see all)
- Sexual Health & Diabetes - March 13, 2018
- 7 Creative New Year Resolutions for People with Diabetes - December 26, 2017
- Zesty Broccoli Salad - October 10, 2017