- 3 cups cake flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 1/3 cups SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener, Granulated
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 1/2 cups light sour cream, divided use
- Preheat oven to 350 °F (175 °C)
- Spray a nonstick bundt pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Sift cake flour, baking powder, and baking soda into a medium-sized mixing bowl and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter with an electric mixer.
- Add SPLENDA® Granulated Sweetener and egg. Beat until smooth.
- Add the egg substitute and vanilla. Beat briefly to incorporate.
- Add applesauce and half of the sour cream. Beat until smooth.
- Add the sifted flour mixture and beat at medium speed just until smooth. Add remaining sour cream and blend just until incorporated and batter is uniform. Set aside.
Cinnamon Swirl Filling:
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Place 1/4 of cake batter in a small bowl. Add brown sugar and cinnamon. Stir well.
- Place 1/2 of the remaining cake batter into prepared pan. Top with filling. Swirl with knife. Top with remaining batter.
- Bake 50 to 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
Food Exchanges: 2 Starch, 1 Fat
|Nutritional Info (per serving):|
|Makes 16 Servings|
|Calories from Fat:||80|
Recipe courtesy of Splenda, Inc. Splenda® is a no-calorie sweetener made from sugar that is suitable for diabetics.
Latest posts by ADW Diabetes (see all)
- 7 Creative New Year Resolutions for People with Diabetes - December 26, 2017
- Zesty Broccoli Salad - October 10, 2017
- Whole Wheat Pita Bread - September 21, 2017