- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup lime or orange marmalade
- 3 large garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves, stems removed and chopped
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided use
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried hot red pepper flakes
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 pound large shrimp, shelled, leaving tail intact, and de-veined
- In a measuring cup, whisk together lime juice, marmalade, garlic, cilantro, 3 tablespoons oil, soy sauce, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper. Reserve 1/3 cup mixture in a small bowl for dipping.
- In a large zip-lock style plastic bag combine shrimp with remaining mixture and marinate, turning occasionally to coat shrimp, for 45 minutes in the refrigerator..
- Drain shrimp and lightly pat dry between paper towels.
- In a large non-stick skillet, heat 1/2 tbsp oil over medium-high heat until hot.
- Sauté half of shrimp until golden brown and cooked through, about 1 1/2 minutes on each side.
- Sauté remaining shrimp in remaining 1/2 tablespoon oil in same manner.
- Serve immediately with reserved dipping sauce.
Recipe courtesy of Cooks Recipes.