On December 14th, the American Diabetes Wholesale team traveled to Sarasota to help support Mr Diabetes and the Defeat Diabetes Foundation. The local community of Sarasota had a festival and ceremony to honor Andy Mandell for his 8 years of dedication to help people with diabetes.
The Festival was a unique event under the PAL Sailor Circus Big Top in downtown Sarasota for his HOME STRETCH of The Walk – a 10,000+ mile journey of the U.S. perimeter by “Mr. Diabetes” – a 62 year old Type 2 Diabetic. The PAL Sailor Circus was filed with many organizations and hundreds of local residents joined us to get more information on diabetes and to show their support for the Defeat diabetes Foundation.
Here was the schedule of demonstrations and events:
- 10:10 Bethseba’s Goddesses
- 11:00 Opening Ceremony – Grand Entrance of Mr. Diabetes®
- 11:30 Zumba Fitness Dance by Maurina Meissner & Linda Roman
- 12:00 Spotlight Kids
- 12:30 Kick Boxing Demonstration by HealthPlex
- 12:50 Boxing / Jump Rope Clinic by Tony Spain
- 1:15 Yogini to Go! by Malika Shay
- 1:50 Sarasota Family YMCA Dance Team
- 2:10 Boxing / Jump Rope Clinic by Tony Spain
It was an honor to be in Sarasota to meet Andy and I am proud of the hard work the Defeat Diabetes team is doing in this fight against diabetes. Our team admires Mr. Diabetes® and his tireless effort and programs that have helped increase awareness about pre-diabetes, prevention and diabetes self management.
Latest posts by ADW Diabetes (see all)
- Make a Commitment to Fitness - April 5, 2017
- What May Cause Your Muscle Aches and Pains When You Have Diabetes? - April 3, 2017
- Overlooked Cheap and Healthy Foods - March 29, 2017