- 1 tbsp canola or extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup onion, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 beef bouillon cubes
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 3 6oz can’s of tomato paste, divided
- 1 cup Splenda Granular
- 3/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 3 tbsp liquid smoked hickory flavoring
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp Tabasco (1 additional teaspoon for a spicier sauce)
- Place oil in a large saucepan and heat.
- Add onions and garlic and saute over medium heat until translucent (approximately 2-3 minutes)
- Mix the bouillon and hot water until partially dissolved.
- Add the watered bouillon, tomato paste, splenda, worchestershire sauce, dijon mustard, smoked hickory flavoring, salt, vinegar and tasbasco into saucepan.
- Mix ingredients with a wire whisk.
- Simmer sauce for 25-30 minutes stirring frequently.
- Refrigerate barbecue sauce overnight in a non-metallic container.
- Sauce is best if prepared the day before using. The sauce can be refrigerated for up to 1 weeks time.
Food Exchanges: Free.
|Nutritional Info (per serving):|
|Makes 42 Servings|
|Calories from Fat:||0|
Recipe and photograph courtesy of Spelnda Inc. Splenda is a no-calorie sweetener made from sugar that is suitable for diabetics.
Latest posts by ADW Diabetes (see all)
- Sexual Health & Diabetes - March 13, 2018
- 7 Creative New Year Resolutions for People with Diabetes - December 26, 2017
- Zesty Broccoli Salad - October 10, 2017