- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 minced clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 2 cups pre-cooked red beans
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Cook onion, celery and garlic in margarine until tender. Add remaining ingredients. Simmer together for 5 minutes to blend flavors.
Food Exchanges: 1 1/2 Starch, 1/2 Fat.
|Nutritional Info (per serving):|
|Makes 6 Servings|
|Saturated Fat:||Trace Amounts|
Recipe provided courtesy of the South Dakota Department of Health – The mission of the South Dakota Department of Health is to prevent disease and promote health, ensure access to needed, high-quality health care, and to efficiently manage public health resources.
Latest posts by ADW Diabetes (see all)
- Sexual Health & Diabetes - March 13, 2018
- 7 Creative New Year Resolutions for People with Diabetes - December 26, 2017
- Zesty Broccoli Salad - October 10, 2017