- 3 1/2 pounds tart cooking apples (about 8 large), peeled, cored and chopped
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup Equal® Spoonful or 24 packets of Equal sweetener
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Combine apples and water in large saucepan; heat to boiling. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, 20 to 25 minutes or until apples are tender.
- Mash apples coarsely with fork. Stir in Equal®, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.
- Serve warm, or refrigerate and serve chilled.
Food Exchanges: 1 1/2 Fruit
|Nutritional Info (per serving):|
|Makes 10 Servings|
Recipe courtesy of Cooks Recipes which provides many fine recipes for diabetic diets. Since its online debut in 1999, CooksRecipes.com has become one of the more popular and largest cooking and recipe sites on the Internet.
Leave A Comment