Rhubarb and Apple Crumble Ingredients
- 3 cups peeled, cored, 3/4″ cubed Granny Smith apples
- 2 1/2 cups 3/4″ cubed fresh red rhubarb
- 1/2 cup Equal® Spoonful or 12 packets of Equal sweetener
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/3 cup water or apple juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel (optional)
Rhubarb and Apple Crumble Topping Ingredients
- 3/4 cup quick or old-fashioned oats, uncooked
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup chopped nuts
- 1/8 cup Equal® Spoonful or 8 packets Equal Spoonful
- 2 tablespoons stick butter or margarine, melted
- 1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Frozen yogurt, ice cream or whipped topping (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- For Filling, combine apples, rhubarb, 1/2 cup Equal® and cornstarch. Place in 11/2 quart casserole dish.
- Combine water, lemon juice and lemon peel. Pour over fruit mixture.
- Cover and bake in oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until fruit is tender.
- Meanwhile, for Topping, combine oats, raisins, nuts, 1/3 cup Equal®, melted butter and cinnamon until well blended. Remove cover from fruit. Sprinkle with oats mixture.
- Return to oven and bake, uncovered, an additional 8 to 10 minutes or until topping is crisp.
- Serve warm with frozen yogurt, ice cream or whipped topping, if desired.
Food Exchanges: 1 Fruit, 1 Starch, 1 1/2 Fat.
|Nutritional Info (per serving):|
|Makes 6 Servings|
Recipe provided courtesy of Merisant Corporation ® and the NutraSweet Company, makers of Equal®.
Latest posts by ADW Diabetes (see all)
- Inolife R&D Signs LOI With ADW Diabetes to Make Its Inojex Needle-Free Injector Available to Diabetics in USA - April 12, 2018
- Sexual Health & Diabetes - March 13, 2018
- 7 Creative New Year Resolutions for People with Diabetes - December 26, 2017