- 1 (8-ounce) package dried mixed fruit, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup dark raisins
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 8 tablespoons margarine, cut into pieces
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 5 1/2 teaspoons Equal® for Recipes (18 packets Equal® Sweetener™ or 3/4 cup Equal® Spoonful™)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Combine dried fruit, raisins, and water in medium saucepan; heat to boiling. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, until fruit is tender and water is absorbed, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat and add margarine, stirring until melted; cool to room temperature.
- Mix eggs and vanilla into fruit mixture; mix in combined flour, Equal® , baking soda, salt, and spices. Spread batter evenly in greased baking dish, 11 x 7 x 2-inches; sprinkle with walnuts.
- Bake in oven for 30 to 35 minutes or until cake springs back when touched lightly.
- Cool on wire rack, then cut into squares.
Food Exchanges: 1/2 Fruit, 1/2 Bread, 1 Fat.
|Nutritional Info (per serving):|
|Makes 12 Servings|
Recipe provided courtesy of Merisant Corporation ® and the NutraSweet Company, makers of Equal®.
Latest posts by ADW Diabetes (see all)
- Sexual Health & Diabetes - March 13, 2018
- 7 Creative New Year Resolutions for People with Diabetes - December 26, 2017
- Zesty Broccoli Salad - October 10, 2017