- 1 medium ripe avocado, diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 small tomato, diced
- 1 tsp. cumin (or to taste)
- 1 tsp. cayenne pepper (or to taste)
- Hot sauce to taste
- Mash avocados and add the rest of the ingredients until well blended.
- Use baked tortilla chips to dip and serve immedately.
Food Exchanges: 3 Meat, 1 Fruit.
|Makes 4 Servings|
Recipe provided courtesy of Marci Sloane, MS, RD, LD/N, CDE, who is a registered and licensed dietitian/nutritionist and certified diabetes educator with a degree in Nutrition and Physiology from Teachers College at Columbia University. Marci is the author of The Diet Game: Playing for Life!
Latest posts by ADW Diabetes (see all)
- 7 Creative New Year Resolutions for People with Diabetes - December 26, 2017
- Zesty Broccoli Salad - October 10, 2017
- Whole Wheat Pita Bread - September 21, 2017