- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener, Granulated
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1/4 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 2 stalks celery, thinly sliced
- 1 medium apple, cut into chunks
- 1 pound roasted turkey breast, chopped into bite size chunks
- 1 Bag of salad greens or your choice of fresh salad greens.
- 1/3 cup chopped dried apricots
- Place oil, curry powder and onion in a small saucepan. Heat on medium high heat.
- Simmer 1 to 2 minutes or until onions are tender. Add lemon juice, SPLENDA® Granulated Sweetener and salt and continue to simmer for 1 minute or until sauce begins to thicken. Remove from heat and cool.
- Add mayonnaise to cooled sauce. Stir well and set aside.
- Mix salad, celery, apple and roasted turkey breast in a large salad bowl.
- Toss with dressing until evenly coated. Garnish with a sprinkling of chopped apricots.
- Serve immediately.
Food exchanges: 5 Very Lean Meats, 1 1/2 Fruit, 1 Fat.
|Nutritional Info (per serving):|
|Makes 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat:||50|
Recipe courtesy of Splenda, Inc. Splenda® is a no-calorie sweetener made from sugar that is suitable for diabetics.
Latest posts by ADW Diabetes (see all)
- 7 Creative New Year Resolutions for People with Diabetes - December 26, 2017
- Zesty Broccoli Salad - October 10, 2017
- Whole Wheat Pita Bread - September 21, 2017