- 1 lb lean beef
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1/4 tsp basil
- 1/4 tsp oregano
- 1/8 tsp rosemary
- 1 tbsp parsley
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cups raw carrots, diced
- 2 cups raw mushrooms, sliced
- 3 cups potatoes, diced
- Dice, slice and chop tomatoes, carrots, mushrooms and potatoes.
- In a skillet, add oil and heat. Add meat and cook until meat is brown.
- Add onion and garlic to saucepan. Cook until onions and garlic are tender.
- Remove fat from pan then add thyme, basil, oregano, rosemary, parsley, wine and water. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally and adding more water if necessary.
- Add tomatoes, carrots, mushrooms and potatoes. Simmer for 1 hour
- Serve hot and on top of noodles or rice if desired
Food Exchanges: 1 Starch.
|Nutritional Info (per serving):|
|Makes 8 Servings|
Latest posts by ADW Diabetes (see all)
- 7 Creative New Year Resolutions for People with Diabetes - December 26, 2017
- Zesty Broccoli Salad - October 10, 2017
- Whole Wheat Pita Bread - September 21, 2017