- 1 quart 2% milk
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup plus 2 tbsps Equal Spoonful (or 27 packets of Equal sweetener)
- 2 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Sliced fresh fruit (optional)
- Fresh mint (optional)
- Preheat Oven to 325°F.
- In a medium saucepan, heat milk until it is boiling.
- Remove milk from heat and let cool for 5 minutes.
- Beat eggs, Equal, vanilla and salt in large bowl until smooth.
- Gradually beat in the hot milk.
- Pour mixture into ten 6oz custard cups or 1 1/2 quart glass casserole dish.
- Place custard cups or casserole dish in a roasting pan and poor 1″ of hot water into roasting pan.
- Bake, uncovered for 50 to 60 minutes or until knife inserted halfway in the center comes out clean.
- Cool completely on wire rack.
- Cover and refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
- Serve chilled and garnished with a slize of fresh fruit and mint if desired.
Food Exchanges: 1/2 milk, 1/2 lean meat.
|Nutritional Info (per serving):|
|Makes 10 Servings|
Recipe courtesy of Merisant Corporation and the NutraSweet Company, makers of Equal.