- 1/2 cup no calorie sweetener, granulated
- 1 cup tomato puree
- 1 cup Sylvia’s Hot Sauce®*
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 stalks celery, cut julienne style
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/2 cup diced green bell pepper
- 2 lemons, sliced
- 4 (4 ounce) fillets catfish
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Sylvia’s Secret Seasoning®
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
*Hot sauce or salt-free herb seasoning may be substituted for Sylvia’s Hot Sauce® and Sylvia’s Secret Seasoning®*. For that special flavor look for Sylvia’s Hot Sauce® and Sylvia’s Secret Seasoning® at your local market or order online.
- Combine granulated sweetener, tomato puree, Sylvia’s Hot Sauce®, water, celery, onion, green bell pepper, and lemons in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly; reduce heat and simmer 5 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Sprinkle fillets evenly with salt, pepper and Sylvia’s Secret Seasoning®.
- Saute fillets in hot olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat 2 minutes on each side. Pour sauce over fish; simmer 2 additional minutes or until fish flakes with a fork. Serve immediately.
Food Exchanges: 2 Medium Fat Meats, 3 Vegetables, 1 1/2 Fats, 1/2 Other Carbohydrate
|Nutritional Info (per serving):|
|Makes 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat:||150|
Recipe courtesy of Splenda, Inc. Splenda® is a no-calorie sweetener made from sugar that is suitable for diabetics.
Leave A Comment