- 3/4 cup apple juice
- 3 1/2 teaspoons Equal for recipes or 12 packets Equal sweetener or 1/2 cup Equal Spoonful
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 4 cups sliced peeled apples
- Preheat oven to 400°F (205°C)
- Combine apple juice, Equal, cornstarch, lemon peel and apples in medium saucepan. Heat to boiling
- Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, until juice is thickened and apples begin to lose their crispness (about 5 minutes).
- Arrange apples in 8-inch square baking pan.
- Sprinkle crispy topping over apples.
- Bake in oven until topping is browned and apples are tender (about 25 minutes).
- Serve warm.
Apple Crisp Topping
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons Equal for Recipes or 8 packets Equal sweetner or 1/3 cup Equal Spoonful
- 1 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tablespoons cold margarine, cut into pieces
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/4 cup unsweetened flaked coconut (can be purchased in health stores)
- Combine flour, Equal and spices in small bowl.
- Cut in margarine with pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Stir in oats and coconut.
Food Exchanges: 1 Bread, 2 Fat, 1 Fruit
Recipe courtesy of Merisant Corporation and the NutraSweet Company, amkers of Equal.
|Nutritional Info (per serving):|
|Makes 6 Servings|
Latest posts by ADW Diabetes (see all)
- Make a Commitment to Fitness - April 5, 2017
- What May Cause Your Muscle Aches and Pains When You Have Diabetes? - April 3, 2017
- Overlooked Cheap and Healthy Foods - March 29, 2017