Chicken Feriocious was submitted by a home cook, this recipe has not been tested by Splenda Test Kitchens.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves cut into 1″ pieces
- 1 1/2 cups distilled white vinegar
- 1 cup Splenda no Calorie Sweetener, Granulated
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 8oz package button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup frozen green peas
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 3 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- Heat oil in a large heavy skillet, over high heat. Add chicken pieces and fry, stirring until browned. Pour in the vinegar, soy sauce and Splenda, stirring until the sweetener is dissolved.
- Season with red pepper flakes, garlic powder, onion powder and ginger.
- Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Taste the sauce at this point and adjust seasoning to personal taste. The sauce should be very sweet. If it is too tart, add more Splenda. If it is too sweet, add more vinegar.
- Once the sauce is to your liking, add the mushrooms, peas and green onions. Simmer over low heat for another 5 minutes until the mushrooms shrink a bit.
- Stir together the cornstarch and water. Stir the mix into the sauce and continue to simmer until sauce reaches desired thickness.
- Serve immediately.
|Nutritional Info (per serving):|
|Makes 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat:||40g|
Recipe Courtesy of Splenda Inc. Splenda is a no-calorie sweetener made from sugar that is suitable for diabetics.
Latest posts by ADW Diabetes (see all)
- Sexual Health & Diabetes - March 13, 2018
- 7 Creative New Year Resolutions for People with Diabetes - December 26, 2017
- Zesty Broccoli Salad - October 10, 2017