- 1 package fast-rising yeast
- 2 tablespoons hot water (115°F / 45°C)
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 3/4 teaspoons Equal® for Recipes or 6 packets Equal® sweetener or ¼ cup Equal® Spoonful™
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons cold margarine, cut into pieces
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
- 3 cups sliced strawberries
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Equal® for Recipes or 4 1/2 packets Equal® sweetener or 3 tablespoons Equal® Spoonful™
- Light whipped topping (optional)
- Mint Sprigs
- Preheat oven to 400°F (205°C).
- Mix yeast and hot water in small bowl; let stand 5 minutes.
- Combine flour, oats, 1¾ teaspoons Equal® for Recipes, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in medium bowl; cut in margarine with pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Stir buttermilk and yeast mixture into flour mixture, making a moderately stiff dough. Knead dough on lightly floured surface 3 to 4 times.
- Let dough rise, covered, in warm place until almost doubled in size, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Punch dough down. Roll dough on lightly floured surface to 1/2″ thickness; cut into hearts or other shapes with 3-inch cutter.
- Bake on greased cookie sheet in oven for 20 minutes or until biscuits are browned.
- Sprinkle strawberries with 1½ teaspoons Equal® for Recipes.
- Split warm biscuits and place on plates. Spoon strawberries over. Garnish with dollops of whipped topping and mint sprigs.
Food Exchanges: 2 1/2 Bread, 1/2 Fruit, 1 Fat
|Nutritional Info (per serving):|
|Makes 6 Servings|
Recipe provided courtesy of Merisant Corporation ® and the NutraSweet Company, makers of Equal®.
Latest posts by ADW Diabetes (see all)
- 5 Reasons For Heavy Sweating With Diabetes - May 15, 2018
- Testing Your A1c Levels - May 8, 2018
- Medtronic MiniMed Infusion Sets | Diabetic Supply Review - May 4, 2018