ADW Diabetes recently had the opportunity to talk to American Idol judge and Grammy Award winning producer Randy Jackson. Jackson is working with Merck on a new program called ‘Taking Diabetes To Heart’ in an attempt to offer quality information and resources about diabetes.
Jackson was diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes in 2003 and had to make major changes in his diet, exercise, and approach to lifestyle so he could take control of his health. Almost a decade later, Jackson has learned what it takes to lead a healthy life, and he wants to see that others have the tools needed to do the same.
- When you were diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes in 2003 how hard was it to obtain quality information about diabetes management?It was very, very tough to get quality information. The process of checking out random websites was pretty daunting and they all took you in different directions. There was so much stuff out there; and I wasn’t able to find all of the information that I needed with just one click.
- Of the information that you picked up back in 2003, what is the number one tip that you still follow today?The one consistent tip that I was able to find is that it is all about your diet and exercise. Everything is about what you put into your body and what you get out of your body. Making the right food choices and keeping your body in motion is the key.
About ADW Diabetes:
ADW Diabetes (ADW) is a mail order company that is dedicated to keeping diabetes management affordable. ADW is focused on helping customers effectively manage their disease by providing one of the largest selections of diabetes-related products, including insulin pump supplies and glucose testing products at significant discounts. ADW takes a leading role in diabetes education through Destination Diabetes, an informational website featuring tips and advice from experienced healthcare professionals. ADW is involved in and supports the diabetes community and organizations that further diabetes education and research.
About Randy Jackson:
Randy Jackson is a 20-year music industry veteran, GRAMMY® Award-winning producer, author, and television personality. He has worked on more than 1,000 gold and multi-platinum albums, and he has recorded, toured, performed and produced records for stars such as Mariah Carey, Whitney Houston, Celine Dion, *NSYNC, Madonna, Elton John, Destiny’s Child, Joss Stone, Travis Tritt, Van Hunt and many more. After spending years as a record producer and industry executive, Jackson became a judge on FOX’s American Idol. The hit series is currently in its 11th season. Now, Randy is working with Merck on the Taking Diabetes to Heart program to help people living with type 2 diabetes “get in tune” with the disease and understand its serious complications, including heart disease.
For more information about Randy’s story and the Taking Diabetes to Heart program, visit www.TakingDiabetestoHeart.com.
Latest posts by ADW Diabetes (see all)
- Make a Commitment to Fitness - April 5, 2017
- What May Cause Your Muscle Aches and Pains When You Have Diabetes? - April 3, 2017
- Overlooked Cheap and Healthy Foods - March 29, 2017