- 1 1/2 lb pork, tenderloin, lean, raw
- 1/2 cup cooking sherry
- 2 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp black pepper, ground
- 2 medium garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/2 cup ground almonds
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 cup fresh chopped onion
- 1 fresh carrot, peeled and diced
- 1 medium celery stalk, chopped
- In a small bowl, stir together sherry, soy sauce, pepper and garlic. Pour over pork in a sealable bag.
- Seal the bag and marinate in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Remove pork from marinade, preserving marinade. Pat dry.
- Coat pork with almonds.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat.
- Brown pork on all sides, for about 5 minutes, turning carefully.
- Reduce heat to low, add rest of the marinade, onion, carrot and celery.
- Cover and simmer 10 – 12 minutes, then serve.
Food Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fat.
|Nutritional Info (per serving):|
|Makes 6 Servings|
Recipe provided courtesy of Chef Jack who is the lead chef at Bistro M.D., a weight loss meal delivery system designed for a lighter, healthier you.