Phyllo Nests Ingredients
- 12 sheets frozen, thawed phyllo pastry
- Butter flavor vegetable cooking spray
- 1 1/2 pounds peaches, peeled, pitted, sliced
- 1/4 pound plums, pitted, sliced
- Fruit Sauce (see recipe below)
Phyllo Nests Directions
- Cut phyllo into (24) 8″ squares.
- Spray 4 phyllo squares lightly with vegetable spray; layer squares, turning each slightly so that corners are staggered. Carefully fit phyllo into 8-ounce custard cup, shaping edges to form “nest”. Repeat with remaining phyllo squares.
- Arrange fruit in bottom of each “nest”. Place custard cups on cookie sheet and bake at 375°F (190°C) until phyllo is golden and fruit tender, about 15 minutes.
- Cool on wire racks; carefully remove “nests” from custard cups. Serve warm or room temperature with Fruit Sauce.
Fruit Sauce Ingredients
- 1 cup sliced strawberries or 2 cups raspberries
- 2 to 4 tablespoons Equal® Spoonful™
Fruit Sauce Directions
- Pureè berries in blender or food processor. If using raspberries, strain and discard seeds. Stir Equal® Spoonful™ into pureè.
- Refrigerate until serving time.
Food Exchanges: 2 Starches, 1 Fruit.
|Nutritional Info (per serving):|
|Makes 6 Servings|
Recipe provided courtesy of Merisant Corporation ® and the NutraSweet Company, makers of Equal®.