- 2 cups quick cooking oats
- 3/4 cup SPLENDA® Granular
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon butter flavored granules
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Oatmeal Flavor Variations:
Maple Spice Flavor: For each serving of oatmeal, stir in 1/8 teaspoon limitation maple flavoring and 1/8 butter flavor granules into the oatmeal before cooking.
Apple Spice Flavor: For each serving of oatmeal, stir in 1 pinch ground nutmeg into oatmeal before cooking and 2 tablespoons applesauce after cooking.
- In a plastic bag or airtight container, combine all ingredients.
- Store until ready for use. Shake mix together when you are ready to use.
Oatmeal Microwave Directions
- Place 1/3 cup oat mixture in a microwave-safe bowl. Add 2/3 cup water. Microwave on high for 2 minutes or until desired consistency is reached.
- Stir and serve immediately.
Oatmeal Stove-Top Cooking Directions
- In a small saucepan over high heat, bring ⅔ cup water to a brisk boil. Add ⅓ cup oat mixture and cook for 1 minute, stirring occasionally. Let stand until desired consistency is reached.
- Serve immediately.
|Nutritional Info (per serving):|
|Makes 7 Servings|
Recipe courtesy of Splenda, Inc. Splenda® is a no-calorie sweetener made from sugar that is suitable for diabetics.