- 2 diced carrots
- 1 chopped medium onion
- 2 chopped stalks of celery
- 6 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 6 oz uncooked noodles
- 2 cooked and cubed skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Put carrots, onion, celery, and broth into a dutch oven. Heat to boiling.
- Cover and boil gently about 10 minutes. Add noodles. Cook until the noodles are tender.
- Add chicken and salt. Heat to boiling.
Food Exchanges: 1 1/2 starch, 2 lean meat.
|Nutritional Info (per serving):|
|Makes 6 Servings|
Recipe courtesy of South Dakota Department of Health – The mission of the South Dakota Department of Health is to prevent disease and promote health, ensure access to needed, high-quality health care, and to efficiently manage public health resources.