- 1 slice bacon
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 1/2 teaspoons Equal® for Recipes or 8 packets Equal® sweetener or ⅓ cup Equal® Spoonful™
- 12 ounces thinly sliced roast beef
- 4 kaiser rolls (optional)
BBQ Beef Stove Top Directions
- Cut bacon into 1-inch pieces and cook in a medium sized saucepan over medium-high heat for 3 to 4 minutes or until almost cooked.
- Add onion and cook 3 to 5 minutes or until bacon is crisp and onion is tender, stirring occasionally.
- Combine ketchup, apple juice, vinegar, mustard , Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper.
- Add mixture to bacon. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes or until flavors are blended. Stir in Equal and sliced beef
- Serve warm on rolls, if desired.
BBQ Beef Microwave Directions
- Cut bacon into 1-inch pieces and place in 1 1/2 quart microwavable casserole.
- Cook, uncovered, on HIGH for 1 minute.
- Add onion and cook on HIGH for 2 1/2 to 3 minutes or until bacon is crisp and onion is tender, stirring once.
- Combine ketchup, apple juice, vinegar, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper. Add mixture to bacon.
- Cook, covered, on HIGH for 4 to 5 minutes or until boiling.
- Cook on MEDIUM for 8 to 10 minutes or until flavors are blended, stirring twice.
- Stir in Equal® and sliced beef.
- Serve warm.
Food exchanges: 3 Meat, 1 Bread.
|Nutritional Info (per serving):|
|Makes 4 Servings|
Recipe provided courtesy of Merisant Corporation ® and the NutraSweet Company, makers of Equal®.
Leave A Comment