Green Beans and Mushrooms is a delicious side dish that can be served with any main course meal, but is especially good when served as part of a Thanksgiving meal. This dish Serves 4.
- 1 pound of fresh green beans
- 8 ounces of mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Snap off end of beans, steam until tender crisp. Saute mushrooms and garlic in olive oil for five minutes. Add steamed green beans and toss mix well.
Chef’s notes: You can find a wide variety of “ready to steam in the bag” vegetables in the freezer section of your grocery store. Be sure to choose ones that do not include butter or sauce. Add your own seasonings and enjoy!
Contributed By: Celebrity Chef Charles Mattocks
Latest posts by ADW Diabetes (see all)
- Sexual Health & Diabetes - March 13, 2018
- 7 Creative New Year Resolutions for People with Diabetes - December 26, 2017
- Zesty Broccoli Salad - October 10, 2017