- 1/2 cup Equal® Spoonful (or 12 packets Equal sweetener)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Pinch ground cinnamon
- Pinch ground nutmeg
- 2 cups apple cider or juice
- 1 package (6 ounces) dried mixed fruit, chopped
- 1 tablespoon stick butter or margarine
- 8 tart baking apples
- Preheat oven to 350 °F
- Remove cores from apples, cutting into but not through bottoms. Peel 1-inch around tops. Set aside.
- Combine Equal®, cornstarch, cinnamon and nutmeg in medium saucepan. Stir in cider and dried fruit. Heat to boiling.
- Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 10 to 15 minutes or until fruit is tender and cider mixture is reduced to about 1 cup. Stir in butter until melted.
- Place apples in greased baking pan. Fill centers with fruit and spoon remaining cider mixture over apples.
- Bake, uncovered, in oven for about 45 minutes or until apples are tender when pierced with a fork.
Food Exchanges: Food Exchanges: 2 1/2 Fruit, 1/2 Fat.
|Nutritional Info (per serving):|
|Makes 8 Servings|
Recipe provided courtesy of Merisant Corporation ® and the NutraSweet Company, makers of Equal®.
Latest posts by ADW Diabetes (see all)
- 5 Reasons For Heavy Sweating With Diabetes - May 15, 2018
- Testing Your A1c Levels - May 8, 2018
- Medtronic MiniMed Infusion Sets | Diabetic Supply Review - May 4, 2018