If made in a 10 x 6-inch baking dish, cut into squares and serve on lettuce-lined plates as a salad, or on plates with a pureed strawberry or raspberry sauce for dessert. The fruit mixture can be spooned into hollowed-out orange halves and frozen. Cut thin slice from bottom of orange halves so they will stand; place in muffin tins to freeze.
- 1 (8 oz) package fat-free cream cheese
- 1 cup fat-free sour cream
- 2 1/2 teaspoons Equal® for Recipes or 8 packets Equal® sweetener or ⅓ cup Equal® Spoonful™
- 2 to 3 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 cup coarsely chopped fresh or canned peaches
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 cup fresh or unsweetened frozen raspberries or halved or quartered strawberries
- 1 cup cubed fresh or canned pineapple in juice
- 1 (11 oz) can Mandarin orange segments, drained
- 12 pecan halves, optional
- Beat cream cheese, sour cream, Equal® and lemon juice in medium bowl until smooth, then gently mix in fruit.
- Spoon mixture into 12 paper-lined muffin cups, or spread in baking dish, 10″ x 6″. Garnish with pecan halves and additional fruit, if desired.
- Freeze for 6 to 8 hours or until firm.
- Let stand at room temperature for 10 to 15 minutes or until slightly softened before serving.
Food Exchanges: 1 Fruit.
|Nutritional Info (per serving):|
|Makes 12 Servings|
Recipe provided courtesy of Cooks Recipes which provides many fine recipes for diabetic diets. Since its online debut in 1999, CooksRecipes.com has become one of the more popular and largest cooking and recipe sites on the Internet.
Latest posts by ADW Diabetes (see all)
- Inolife R&D Signs LOI With ADW Diabetes to Make Its Inojex Needle-Free Injector Available to Diabetics in USA - April 12, 2018
- Sexual Health & Diabetes - March 13, 2018
- 7 Creative New Year Resolutions for People with Diabetes - December 26, 2017