- 10 3/4 tsp Equal® for Recipes (36 packets Equal® sweetener or 1 1/2 cups Equal® Spoonful™)
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 piece vanilla bean (2-inches)
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 cups skim milk
- 2 tbsp margarine
- 1 cup real liquid egg product
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 Ice cream maker
- Combine Equal®, cornstarch, vanilla bean and salt in medium saucepan; stir in milk and margarine.
- Heat to boiling over medium-high heat, whisking constantly. Boil until thickened, whisking constantly, for about 1 minute.
- Whisk about 1 cup milk mixture into egg product in small bowl; whisk egg mixture back into milk mixture in saucepan.
- Cook over very low heat, whisking constantly, for 30 to 60 seconds. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla. Let cool.
- Remove vanilla bean and Refrigerate until chilled, for about 1 hour.
- Freeze mixture in ice cream maker according to manufacturer’s directions. Pack into freezer container and freeze until firm about 6 hours or overnight.
- Before serving, let stand at room temperature until slightly softened, about 15 minutes.
Food Exchanges: 1 Milk, 1 Fat.
|Nutritional Info (per serving):|
|Makes 6 Servings|
Recipe provided courtesy of Merisant Corporation ® and the NutraSweet Company, makers of Equal®.