This is a great dip to use with whole-grain crackers (without hydrogenated fats/trans fat) or raw vegetables. Try “Bake to Nature” Rice Thin crackers.
- 1 medium eggplant (about 1 cup), peeled
- 1 onion, 1 tomato, 1 pepper diced (1/2 cup)
- 1-2 Tbsp. lemon juice to taste
- 1-2 tsp. garlic powder to taste
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil (or ⅛ cup sliced olives)
- Poke holes into peeled eggplant and microwave or bake until eggplant collapses.
- Dice an onion, tomato, and pepper. Chop eggplant and add onion, tomato and pepper, along with garlic, olive oil or olives and lemon juice. Mix until well blended.
- Serve immediately.
Food Exchanges: 1 fruit, 1 fat.
|Nutritional Info (per serving):|
|Makes 4 Servings|
Recipe courtesy of Marci Sloane, MS, RD, LD/N, CDE, who is a registered and licensed dietitian/nutritionist and certified diabetes educator with a degree in Nutrition and Physiology from Teachers College at Columbia University. Marci is the author of The Diet Game: Playing for Life!
Latest posts by ADW Diabetes (see all)
- 7 Creative New Year Resolutions for People with Diabetes - December 26, 2017
- Zesty Broccoli Salad - October 10, 2017
- Whole Wheat Pita Bread - September 21, 2017