- 4 cups water
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon
- Equal® for Recipes (3 packets Equal® sweetener or 2 tablespoons Equal® Spoonful™)
- Butter-flavored vegetable cooking spray
- Maple-Flavored Syrup, heated
- Heat water to boiling in large saucepan; gradually stir in cornmeal and salt. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring frequently, until mixture is thickened, about 10 minutes; stir in Equal®.
- Pour cornmeal mixture into greased loaf pan, 7 1/2″ x 4″ x 2″ and cool to room temperature. Next set in refrigerator and chill until firm, 3 to 4 hours, or overnight.
- Remove cornmeal from pan; cut into slices.
- Spray a large skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium heat until hot. Cook cornmeal slices over medium to medium-low heat for 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until browned on each side.
- Serve with Maple-Flavored Syrup.
- Chill several hours before serving.
Food exchanges: 1 1/2 bread.
|Nutritional Info (per serving):|
|Makes 4 Servings|
Recipe provided courtesy of Merisant Corporation ® and the NutraSweet Company, makers of Equal®.
Latest posts by ADW Diabetes (see all)
- Sexual Health & Diabetes - March 13, 2018
- 7 Creative New Year Resolutions for People with Diabetes - December 26, 2017
- Zesty Broccoli Salad - October 10, 2017