- 5 large egg whites
- 1/3 cup SPLENDA® Granular
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- Citrus Filling.
- Preheat oven to 350 °F (175 °C)
- Lightly oil a 13 x 11-inch baking sheet. Set aside.
- Separate egg whites from yolk. Discard yolk. Place egg whites in a medium sized bowl. Whip on high speed using an electric beater or wire whisk until frothy.
- Add SPLENDA® Granular, vanilla extract and salt. Mix until stiff peaks form (about 20 to 30 seconds on high speed with an electric mixer).
- Spoon slightly rounded tablespoons of egg whites onto prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in oven for 10 to 15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pan.
- Sandwich Angel Bites with filling. Place filling on the bottom of one Angel Bite and top with another so that the bottoms of the 6- Angel Bites are facing each other and the filling is sandwiched between them. Repeat to make 3 filled Angel Bites per serving (using 6 unfilled bites).
- Juice from 2 oranges (approximately 1/2 cup)
- Juice from 2 lemons (approximately 1/4 cup)
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons SPLENDA® Granular
- 1 egg yolk
- Juice oranges and lemons to make approximately 3/4 cup of juice.
- Blend SPLENDA® Granular and egg yolk together. Stir well. Add juice to egg yolk mixture. Mix thoroughly. Add cornstarch. Stir well.
- Pour into a small saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Chill until ready to use.
- Garnish Angel Bites with a dollop of whipped cream, some orange zest and a sprig of mint.
Food Exchanges: 1 Carbohydrate
|Nutritional Info (per serving):|
|Makes 6 Servings|
|Calories from Fat:||9|
Recipe courtesy of Splenda, Inc. Splenda® is a no-calorie sweetener made from sugar that is suitable for diabetics.
Latest posts by ADW Diabetes (see all)
- Inolife R&D Signs LOI With ADW Diabetes to Make Its Inojex Needle-Free Injector Available to Diabetics in USA - April 12, 2018
- Sexual Health & Diabetes - March 13, 2018
- 7 Creative New Year Resolutions for People with Diabetes - December 26, 2017