Cinnamon Glazed Apple Rings are a fairly healthy snack and especially enjoyable for kids. The scoop of yogurt (frozen or otherwise) is a perfect topping to go on this delicious treat. Cinnamon Glazed Apple Rings with Yogurt topping is perfect for any season!
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 apples, peeled, cored, and cut into 1/2-inch-thick rings
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- In a small mixing bowl, put the apple juice, lemon juice, and cinnamon and stir to combine.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the apple rings and cook until golden, about 2 minutes per side. Pour the juice mixture over apples, then sprinkle with the brown sugar. Cover and cook until the apples are tender and glazed, about 5 minutes. Serve warm.
- Addition: Add a scoop of yogurt (frozen or otherwise) to add extra flavor!
Contributed By: Celebrity Chef Charles Mattocks
Latest posts by ADW Diabetes (see all)
- 7 Creative New Year Resolutions for People with Diabetes - December 26, 2017
- Zesty Broccoli Salad - October 10, 2017
- Whole Wheat Pita Bread - September 21, 2017