- 1 1/2 pound of chicken pieces, skin removed
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/3 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon vegetable shortening
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- Place prepared chicken pieces in large saucepan.
- Add water celery, onion and salt. Simmer, covered for 1 hour or until chicken is tender.
- Meanwhile, prepare dumplings. Combine flour, baking powder and salt. Cut in shortening until texture resembles that of split peas. Add milk to make a stiff dough.
- Roll dough out on a lightly floured surface to about 1/8″ thickness. Cut into 1-inch strips, squares or diamonds.
- Remove chicken from bone and return chicken meat to chicken stock. Bring chicken and stock to a boil. Add rolled dumplings, cover and boil for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove pot from heat and serve immediately.
Food Exchanges: 3/4 cup of serving may be exchanged for 2 Medium Fat Meat, 1 Starch
Makes 6 servings
Latest posts by ADW Diabetes (see all)
- Inolife R&D Signs LOI With ADW Diabetes to Make Its Inojex Needle-Free Injector Available to Diabetics in USA - April 12, 2018
- Sexual Health & Diabetes - March 13, 2018
- 7 Creative New Year Resolutions for People with Diabetes - December 26, 2017