- 3 cups skim milk
- 1 1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1/3 cup dried fruit bits or raisins
- 1 medium apple
- 3 tbsp raw, unsalted, sunflower seeds, toasted
- 1/4 – 1/2 tablespoon maple extract
- 2 1/2 – 3 1/2 tsp Equal for Recipes (8 to 12 packets Equal sweetener or 1/3 to 1/2 cups Equal Spoonful)
- 2 to 3 dashes of salt
- Ground cinnamon
- Peal and core apple and cut into cubes.
- In a medium sauce pan, combine milk oats, fruit bits or raisins, apple, sunflower seeds and maple extract.
- On medium high heat, bring mixture to boil, stirring constantly. Reduce heat and simmer until thickened (about 2-3 minutes)
- Stir in Equal and salt
- Serve warm or hot with a sprinkle of cinnamon on top
Food Exchanges: 1 Milk, 2 Bread, 1 Fat
|Nutritional Info (per serving):|
|Makes 4 Servings|
Recipe and photograph courtesy of Merisant Corporation and the NutraSweet Company, makers of Equal.
Latest posts by ADW Diabetes (see all)
- Sexual Health & Diabetes - March 13, 2018
- 7 Creative New Year Resolutions for People with Diabetes - December 26, 2017
- Zesty Broccoli Salad - October 10, 2017