- 1 orange
- 1 lemon
- 3 pounds Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored, quartered
- 3 pounds Royal Gala or Braeburn apples, peeled, cored, quartered
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine, cut into small pieces
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cups Equal Spoonful or 12 packets Equal sweetner
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Grate peel of orange and lemon and place in 3-quart glass or non-corrosive casserol dish with cover.
- Squeeze juice from orange and lemon and add to grated orange and lemon.
- Toss apples, butter, cinnamon and nutmag together and add it to casserole dish.
- Cover casserol with lid and bake for 1 1/2 hours.
- Remove from oven and let stand – covered for 30 minutes.
- Carefully remove lid and stir to break up apples. Add in the Equal and stir again so mixture is even.
- Serve warm or refrigerate covered for several hours.
Food Exchanges: 2 fruit, 1/2 fat.
|Nutritional Info (per serving):|
|Makes 12 Servings|
Recipe provided courtesy of Merisant Corporation and the NutraSweet Company, makers of Equal
Latest posts by ADW Diabetes (see all)
- 7 Creative New Year Resolutions for People with Diabetes - December 26, 2017
- Zesty Broccoli Salad - October 10, 2017
- Whole Wheat Pita Bread - September 21, 2017