- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup Splenda Granular
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- 4 Tablespoons cold, unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 4 large Macintosh or other tart apples
- 3 ripe Barlett or Anjou Pears
- 2 tablespoons Splenda Granular
- 3 tablespoons apple juice concentrate
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Lightly butter a deep 2 to 2 1/2 quart baking dish.
- Prepare Topping: Pour flower, brown sugar, Splenda Granular, cinnamon and nutmeg into a medium mixing bowl. Stir well. Add butter and mix with an electric mixer using the paddle attachment, until topping is crumbly or sandy in texture.
- Prepare Filling: Peel, core and thickly slice apples and pears. Place them in the buttered baking dish. The fruit should be at least 2 1/2 inches deep in the pan. Add more fruit if necessary. Add Splenda Granular and apple juice concentrate. Toss until coated. Add topping.
- Bake in the preheated oven 40 to 50 minutes or until fruit is tender and the topping has browned.
- Serve warm with low fat vanilla frozen yogurt
Exchanges per serving: 1 starch, 1 fruit, 1 fat.
Recipe created by Gale Gand.
|Nutritional Info (per serving):|
|Makes 8 Servings|
|Calories from Fat:||50|
Recipe courtesy of Splenda, Inc. Splenda is a no-calorie sweetener made from sugar that is suitable for diabetics.