A cross between a soup and a stew, this doesn’t need a sandwhich to make a meal; just serve with a side salad or some crusty bread and your’re done. Combining canned and fresh ingredients gives you a fast, easy, and hearty meal.
- 3/4 pound lean ground beef
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 10.5-ounce can beef broth
- 1 28-ounce can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 10.5-ounce cans kidney beans, undrained
- 4 ounces cooked elbow macaroni
- Add the beef to a large heavy pot over medium heat and cook, breaking it up with the edge of a spatula, until it turns brown. Add the onions, garlic, and chili powder and cook, stirring occasionally, until the beef is cooked through and the onions are tender, 5 to 8 minutes. Pour or siphon off any fat.
- Add the brother, tomatoes in their juice, beans in their liquid, and 2 cups water to the pot. Raise the heat and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the kidney beans are very tender, about 20 minutes. Toward the end of the cooking, stir in the macaroni and simmer until it is heated through.
- Ladle into bowls to serve.
Contributed By: Celebrity Chef Charles Mattocks
Latest posts by ADW Diabetes (see all)
- Inolife R&D Signs LOI With ADW Diabetes to Make Its Inojex Needle-Free Injector Available to Diabetics in USA - April 12, 2018
- Sexual Health & Diabetes - March 13, 2018
- 7 Creative New Year Resolutions for People with Diabetes - December 26, 2017