A cross between a soup and a stew, this doesn’t need a sandwhich to make a meal; just serve with a side salad or some crusty bread and your’re done. Combining canned and fresh ingredients gives you a fast, easy, and hearty meal.
- 3/4 pound lean ground beef
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 10.5-ounce can beef broth
- 1 28-ounce can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 10.5-ounce cans kidney beans, undrained
- 4 ounces cooked elbow macaroni
- Add the beef to a large heavy pot over medium heat and cook, breaking it up with the edge of a spatula, until it turns brown. Add the onions, garlic, and chili powder and cook, stirring occasionally, until the beef is cooked through and the onions are tender, 5 to 8 minutes. Pour or siphon off any fat.
- Add the brother, tomatoes in their juice, beans in their liquid, and 2 cups water to the pot. Raise the heat and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the kidney beans are very tender, about 20 minutes. Toward the end of the cooking, stir in the macaroni and simmer until it is heated through.
- Ladle into bowls to serve.
Latest posts by ADW Diabetes (see all)
- ADW Diabetes Supports The 2nd Annual Naples Diabetes Conference - November 23, 2016
- Restaurant Code Words to Watch Out For - November 21, 2016
- Cardio vs. Weight Resistance Training - November 14, 2016