- 1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries, slightly thawed
- 3 1/2 teaspoons Equal for Recipes (12 packets of Equal Sweetener or 1/2 cup Equal Spoonful)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 to 4 tablespoons cold water
- 1 Reduced-Fat Pie pastry or favorite pastry for 9″ pan
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 1/2 teaspoon Equal for Recipes (1 1/2 packets Equal Sweetner or 1 tablespoon Equal Spoonful)
- Preheat oven to 400°F (205°C)
- Rinse blueberries and place in a medium saucepan.
- Sprinkle berries with 3 1/2 tsps Equal and cornstarch; toss to coat.
- Cook blueberries over medium heat, stirring consistently until blueberries begin to release juice and form small amounts of thickened sauce. Add water, 1 tsp at a time, if bottom of the saucepan becomes dry. Remove from heat and refrigerate blueberries until chilled.
- Roll pastry on flowered surface to 1/2″ thickness.
- Cut pastry into eight 5″ squares. Re-roll scraps as necessary.
- Place 2 tbsp blueberry mixture on each pastry square and fold squares in half to form triangles. Press the edges together to seal by flute-edging the pastry or crimp with tines of a fork. Pierce tops of pastries 3 or 4 times with the tip of a knife.
- Brush tops of pastries lightly with milk (you do not need to use all of it) and sprinkle with 1/2 tsp Equal.
- Bake on foil or parchment lined cookie sheet in preheated oven until pastries are browned – about 25 minutes.
Food Exchanges: 1/2 Fruit, 1 Bread, 1 Fat
|Nutritional Info (per serving):|
|Makes 8 Servings|
Recipe provided by courtesy of Merisant Corporation and the NutraSweet Company, makers of Equal.
Latest posts by ADW Diabetes (see all)
- 7 Creative New Year Resolutions for People with Diabetes - December 26, 2017
- Zesty Broccoli Salad - October 10, 2017
- Whole Wheat Pita Bread - September 21, 2017