- 1 (20-ounce) can sliced pineapple in juice, drained, reserving juice
- 2/3 cup reserved pineapple juice
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons minced cilantro
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon minced jalapeno pepper
- 2 tablespoons Equal® Spoonful or 3 packets Equal sweetener
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 6 grilled halibut, haddock or salmon steaks/fillets (about 4-ounces each)=
- Cut pineapple slices into 1/2″ pieces. Combine pineapple, pineapple juice, lime juice and garlic in medium saucepan. Heat to boiling. Reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Combine cold water and cornstarch. Stir into boiling mixture. Boil, stirring constantly, until thickened. Remove from heat. Stir in cilantro and jalapeno pepper.
- Stir in Equal®; season to taste with salt and pepper.
- To serve, spoon warm sauce over fish.
Food Exchanges: 3 Meat, 1 Fruit.
|Nutritional Info (per serving):|
|Makes 6 Servings|
Recipe provided courtesy of Merisant Corporation ® and the NutraSweet Company, makers of Equal®.
Latest posts by ADW Diabetes (see all)
- Sexual Health & Diabetes - March 13, 2018
- 7 Creative New Year Resolutions for People with Diabetes - December 26, 2017
- Zesty Broccoli Salad - October 10, 2017