- 1 pound low-sodium extra lean ham slices (8 slices)
- 2 bananas
- 1/2 cup crushed pineapple in juice
- 1 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- Preheat oven to 350 °F.
- Place ham slices in a baking dish.
- Peel bananas and cut into quarters, first cutting lengthwise.
- Place 1/4 banana and 1 tablespoon crushed pineapple on each ham slice.
- To make the sauce, pour pineapple juice in a saucepan. Add cornstarch, cinnamon, and cloves.
- Cook over medium heat until juice is clear and slightly thickened. Pour sauce over top of ham and bake in oven for 20 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
Food Exchanges: Food Exchanges: 1 fruit, 2 very-lean meat.
|Nutritional Info (per serving):|
|Makes 8 Servings|
Recipe provided courtesy of South Dakota Department of Health – The mission of the South Dakota Department of Health is to prevent disease and promote health, ensure access to needed, high-quality health care, and to efficiently manage public health resources..
Latest posts by ADW Diabetes (see all)
- 5 Reasons For Heavy Sweating With Diabetes - May 15, 2018
- Testing Your A1c Levels - May 8, 2018
- Medtronic MiniMed Infusion Sets | Diabetic Supply Review - May 4, 2018