- 2 cups fresh seeded tomatoes*
- 1/3 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp Equal® Spoonful or 1 1/2 packets of Equal sweetener
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh oregano
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup (2-ounces) crumbled feta cheese
*To seed tomatoes quickly and easily, cut tomato into quarters. Squeeze each piece gently in hand; seeds will come out.
- Mix the tomatoes, red onion, basil, olive oil, sweetener, oregano, garlic, salt and pepper until well blended.
- Let mixture stand at room temperature about 30 minutes to allow flavors to blend. If making ahead, store, covered, in refrigerator until ready to use.
- Just before serving, stir in feta cheese. Toss with hot cooked pasta or use on toasted Italian bread for bruschetta.
Food Exchanges: 1 Vegetable, 1 Fat.
|Nutritional Info (per serving):|
|Makes 8 Servings|
Recipe provided courtesy of Merisant Corporation ® and the NutraSweet Company, makers of Equal®.
Leave A Comment