To make this into a Mocha Frozen Treat: Add 1 tbsp instant coffee crystals to equal before adding the milk.
- 10 3/4 teaspoons Equal® for Recipes (36 packets Equal® sweetener or 1½ cups Equal® Spoonful™)
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 tbsp European or Dutch-process cocoa
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups skim milk
- 2 tbsp margarine
- 1 cup real liquid egg product
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Combine Equal®, cornstarch, cocoa and salt in medium saucepan.
- Stir in milk and margarine and heat to boiling over medium-high heat, whisking constantly.
- Boil until thickened, whisking constantly, about 1 minute.
- Whisk about 1 cup milk mixture into egg product in small bowl. Whisk egg mixture back into milk mixture in saucepan.
- Cook over very low heat, whisking constantly for 30 to 60 seconds. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- Let cool then refrigerate until chilled for about 1 hour.
- Freeze mixture in ice cream maker according to manufacturer’s directions or pack into freezer container and freeze until firm about 8 hours or overnight.
- Before serving, let frozen chocolate stand at room temperature for about 15 minutes or until slightly softened.
Food Exchanges: 1 Milk, 1 Fat
|Nutritional Info (per serving):|
|Makes 6 Servings|
Recipe provided courtesy of Merisant Corporation ® and the NutraSweet Company, makers of Equal®.
Latest posts by ADW Diabetes (see all)
- Inolife R&D Signs LOI With ADW Diabetes to Make Its Inojex Needle-Free Injector Available to Diabetics in USA - April 12, 2018
- Sexual Health & Diabetes - March 13, 2018
- 7 Creative New Year Resolutions for People with Diabetes - December 26, 2017