Chicken Madeira Ingredients
- 1 1/2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4/12 cups quartered fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup low-fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons Madeira or dry sherry
- Green onions, thinly sliced for garnish (optional)
- Herbed Biscuits (see below)
- Cut chicken meat into 1″ sized cubes.
- In a large skillet, cook chicken in oil over medium-high heat for 4-5 minutes or until no longer pink. Remove chicken and set aside.
- Add garlic, mushrooms and onion to skillet. Cook, uncovered for 4-5 minutes or until liquid evaporates.
- In a small bowl, stir together sour cream, flour, 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper.
- Add sour cream mixture, milk and broth to skillet. Cook and stir until bubbly then cook for 1 minute more.
- Add chicken and Maderia or Sherry and heat thoroughly.
- Serve over herbed biscuits. Sprinkle with additional sliced green onions if desired.
Herbed Biscuits Ingredients
- 1 3/4 cup biscuit mix
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onions
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil, crushed
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C)
- In a mixing bowl, stir together biscuit mix, green onions and basil.
- Add milk and stir just until dough clings together.
- On a floured surface knead dough 10- 12 strokes and roll out to a 1/2″ thickness.
- Using a 2″ biscuit cutter, cut dough into 12 biscuits. Reroll the trimmings as necessary
- Bake biscuits on an ungreased baking sheet for 12 minutes.
|Nutritional Info (per serving):|
|Makes 6 Servings|