Beef Casserole turned upside down is one of those meals that kids love because it gets turned upside-down!
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup sliced onion
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1 10.5-ounce can tomato puree
- Worcestershire sauce
- 1 11.5-ounce can refrigerator biscuits
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Heat the oil in a medium-size skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring, until it is soft and golden, 2 to 3 minutes. Add the meat and cook, stirring and breaking it up, until browned. Pour in the tomato puree, add a dash or two of Worcestershire sauce, and stir well.
- Scrape the contents of the skillet in to a 2-quart baking dish. Place the refrigerator biscuits side by side over the top of the meat mixture. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes, until the biscuits are browned.
- To serve, put a serving dish on top of the casserole and invert it, so that the biscuits are on the bottom.